Alice Metrics Alexa Skill Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is between you and Alice Metrics LLC (hereinafter, “Alice Metrics”).
The Skill is a voice-driven feature that allows you to know how full your oil tank is based on the reading taken by an installed Alice oil tank gauge. Once you have enabled the Skill, you can ask Alexa to obtain the tank level from Alice Metrics. When you make a request to the Skill, you will receive a voice response, and a record of the voice interaction may appear in the Alexa companion app. To learn more about the Alexa Skill from Alice Metrics, click here.
The Agreement is not intended to replace any other agreement that may apply in connection with products manufactured and sold by Alice Metrics.
The Skill has limited ability to respond to free-form audio messages. Please do not attempt to send any messages to Alice Metrics using Alexa unless the message is an audio command that the Skill recognizes. Instead, contact Alice Metrics by email.
2. Privacy and Security: The Skill allows you to use your Alexa-enabled device to communicate with Alice Metrics, by voice. To use the Skill, you must speak commands and questions to Alexa, and you will receive responses aloud. Any communication to Alice Metrics via your Alexa-enabled device will be treated by Alice Metrics as a communication authorized by you, and any communication from Alice Metrics via Alexa in response to a request received from your Alexa-enabled device will be treated by Alice Metrics as a communication to you. You are responsible for all interactions with Alice Metrics via the Skill. It is also possible that Alexa (and the equipment on which Alexa is installed) and/or Amazon will record your interactions made via the Skill or with Alexa. By installing the Skill, you are authorizing Alice Metrics to perform the actions or share with Amazon the information communicated to Alice Metrics or requested from Alice Metrics. We will send that information through Amazon, via the Internet, to reach you. Please consult your agreements with Amazon to learn more about how Amazon and your Alexa-enabled device treat those interactions.
3. Accuracy: Alice Metrics did not design or manufacture Alexa or your Alexa-enabled device. The device also runs software that Alice Metrics did not write or design and over which Alice Metrics does not have control. It is possible that Alexa will not hear you correctly, will incorrectly translate what you said, or say something different than what Alice Metrics asked it to say. By accepting this Agreement, you understand and agree that Alice Metrics is not responsible for inaccurate information transmitted in your interactions with Alice Metrics via the Skill. If you have any issues or doubts about the accuracy of the information you receive from, or your interactions with, Alice Metrics via the Skill, check your Alice Metrics account on your mobile device, or contact Alice Metrics directly. Please visit this page for contact information.
4. Changes or Amendments: Alice Metrics may change, suspend, or discontinue the Skill, or any part of it, at any time without notice. Alice Metrics also may amend this Agreement at its sole discretion by posting a revised agreement. Your continued use of the Skill after the effective date of the revised agreement constitutes acceptance of its terms.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL USE OF THE SKILL IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SKILL, AND YOU ACCEPT THAT USE OF THE SKILL IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT ALICE METRICS MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
6. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL ALICE METRICS, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTIFIED ALICE METRICS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE ACCESS, USE OR CONTENT OF THE SKILL OR A LINKED WEB SITE WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE BROUGHT UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY.
7. Termination: Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In case of such termination, Alice Metrics may immediately revoke your access to the Skill.
8. Technical Support: Alice Metrics does not provide technical and other support for the Skill.
9. Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to any portion of its choice of law principles that might provide for application of a different jurisdiction's law; provided, however, that to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws, this Agreement will not be subject to the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as currently enacted or as may be codified or amended from time to time by any jurisdiction. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Courts for the District of Delaware, or if such court does not have subject matter jurisdiction, to the courts of the State of Delaware.
10. Invalid Provision; Waiver: If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining provisions, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Alice Metrics' failure to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision herein.
11. Trademark Information: Alice Metrics trademarks and graphics used in connection with the Skill are the property of Alice Metrics. All other trademarks and graphics used are the property of their respective owners.